Daily Archives: February 12, 2013
I’ve wondered for some time now why there’s such resistance to a full-bodied embrace of soccer/football in the United States. I think I’m finally able to articulate my hypothesis.
A number of current events stories in recent weeks/months has led me to the conclusion that America will never be as enthusiastic about soccer; never deify their league-leading players; never bring communities/societies to standstills as the rest of the world does until it has the full support of its sex workers. And since prostitution is illegal in the U.S. (save Nevada), it makes logical sense that soccer enthusiasts will remain pocketed throughout the country.
- Nigeria’s women of the night/day/mid-afternoon provided extra incentive by offering a full week of free sex if the men’s national team won the African Cup of Nations. They did.
- Brazil’s associated sex workers are business savvy women. They’re preparing themselves for Confederations Cup 2013 and World Cup 2014 with free language classes. Must diversify.
- In Greece, a couple of bordellos have emerged as the main sponsors/saviors for some amateur teams. Never fear; pros to the rescue.
In this light, the Mexican contingent that was sent to the 2011 Copa América was only attempting to maintain positive soccer-prostitute international relations.
Disclaimer: This is neither pro- nor anti- advocacy, just well-observed facts.
PHOTO: Credit REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay
- Nigeria Wildly Celebrates African Cup Soccer Victory (atlantablackstar.com)
- Free sex pledge gives Nigeria’s Super Eagles a big lift (metro.co.uk)
- Nigeria welcomes Afcon heroes (iol.co.za)